Happy Friday, everyone! As promised on Instagram, today I’m sharing an easy, super cute, and gender neutral Valentines idea for your children to handout in class and, bonus, the bag toppers I designed are yours for FREE! The hardest part is trying not to eat all the candy while assembling these. The struggle is real!
This is probably the last year that I’ll be able to select the Valentines for my son because he already started hinting that he wanted to do Ninja Turtle ones…oops! I did, however, let him decide what candy we’d use (because as long as it involves candy, I knew he’d be happy). He, without hesitation, chose starburst so that’s what we’re using. “I’m BURSTING with happiness that we are friends!” I decided to use gender neutral colors so my daughter could them, too. The stripes are a yellow watercolor and the wording/design is pale pink, orange, red, and black.
- The “I’m BURSTUNG with happiness that we are friends!” snack bag topper (download HERE for FREE). Save it to your computer and print as many copies as you need. You can print from home or send these to a local print shop (UPS Store, FedEx, Office Depot, Office Max, etc) to have printed; they usually charge around .60 cents a sheet for cardstock. You could also use regular paper, if needed.
- Starburst candy
- Snack size Ziploc bags. Note: These are smaller than sandwich bags (about half the size). As you can see, I bought the cheap brand and they work great.
- Paper cutter or you can use scissors or, if you really don’t want to deal with it, you can have your print shop make the cuts for you.
- Stapler + staples
- Fill each of the snack bags about half way full with Starburst candy
- Take the cut bag toppers and write your child’s name on the backs (as shown above)
- Fold each bag topper completely in half
- Place the folded bag topper onto the closed Ziploc bag as far down as it goes
- Add one staple to each side to secure the bag toppers
- Repeat for every bag
These also make great favor tags so this may be a file you keep on hand to use again down the road. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email. Also, enjoy 15% off everything in the Sister Studio Shop now through Valentine’s Day with code VDAY15.
Have a wonderful weekend!